donderdag 5 november 2009

Little mishap

It is thursday and I have no classes which means ample time to spend with my little tyke.

Anyway, I was in the act of preparing his milk and of course while at it I had to tell him to let Mama prepare his milk since he was constantly pulling on my robe asking to be carried. I admit I can multitask but holding an almost 1 1/2 year old tyke and cleaning bottle won't do. After a couple of pleas/orders he conceded and just went to play inside the kitchen. I was almost finished with the bottle when he suddenly wailed. Boy was it horrible! Apparently, the tip of his right index finger got caught in between the door and door jamb. Normally it wouldn't be a problem since there is enough gap to let his finger slide back and forth. But he pushed the door closed.

Because of his wailing I was shocked and at first couldn't figure out what to do. It is quite hard to think while you can hear your son crying at the top of his lungs. After a few seconds I finally figured it out and gently opened the door. Yes! It seemed like an eternity.

I took a look at his finger. Thankfully it is not seriously injured. Just turned a bit red and of course there was a bit of swelling as well but nothing that won't go away within an hour.

Lesson of the day: Close the door first.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten