vrijdag 27 november 2009

Gran Torino

My husband and I decided to watch Gran Torino in the comfort of our home. When I saw the title I wasn't really expecting anything other than to be entertained while passing time. I have absolutely no idea as to what kind of film it is. My husband knew it was quite heavy. That was it. Little did I know that I am going to cry my heart out which I haven't done in a long time.

I know Mr. Eastwood is already legendary but this one put his status to a pedestal that is quite hard to beat. I am no film expert but I am giving him and the rest of the people responsible in making Gran Torino two thumbs up because that's the best my fingers can do.

I am not going to dissect the whole film and discuss everything but would rather focus on it as a whole and give a short but hopefully meaningful opinion about the value of the film.

The film is very simplistic to the point that you'd think you're not seeing a film but rather a day to day scenery in our lives. But because it is so simple you can't help but identify with it. Every fiber of your body stays attuned to every unfolding scenes.

It ends with a flourish. So simple and yet so classy. No fireworks but it lighted the sky. So smart. So dignified. I guess I would never run out of adjectives when it comes to describing this film.

To end this, I advise you to watch it and welcome the emotions it evokes. Enjoy!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten